KHANEXPEDITION.COM - Travel to Mongolia | Mongolia Tours | Mongolia transfer service
Flora and fauna of Khuvsgul aimag
Home Provinces of Mongolia Khuvsgul aimagFlora and fauna of Khuvsgul aimag
Flora and fauna of Khuvsgul aimagFauna. There are 35 different species of 31 different genuses, 13 different families and 5 different orders of mammals inhabit in Khuvsgul aimag. For example, furbearers like fox, wolf, moose, bear, steppe fox, musk deer, boar, deer, antelope, sable and marmot. Also, two different species of amphibians, 4 different species of reptiles, 400 different species of insects in this region. 10 different species of fish are found in various rivers and lakes of Khuvsgul aimag. For example gray taimen which is the biggest fish in Mongolia and sturgeon. Also world widely rare, unique white fish inhabit the Darkhad Depression and Shishged rivers. About 2,000 different species of birds are in Khuvsgul aimag, including vulture, lammergeyer, snowcock, hawk and endangered species of birds like stork, whooper swan, wild goose, duck, osprey, oceanic white tailed eagle, Asian godwit, great black headed gull that are included in the Mongolian and the World Red Books.

Flora. The 35.4% or 35500 sq.m areas are covered with forest. The 90% of the forest consists of larch with remaining 10% of pine, asp, cedar etc. Almost 80 species of plants that have medicinal properties like saussurea involucrata grow in Khuvsgul aimag. The aimag is rich with various species of edible plants such as blueberries, blackberries, red berries, huckleberries, and strawberries, different kinds of mushrooms, wild onions and nuts. Among these abis sibirica, juniper sabina, peony anomala, tragus and milk vetch are listed in the Mongolia Red Book and attract scientist's interests. Khuvsgul aimag has many million sq.m of forest reserve.
DESTINATIONS
TOURS & SERVICES
CUSTOMER CENTER
ABOUT MONGOLIA
Khan Expedition: trusted and securedTravel to Mongolia: we accept visa, master cards
We accept:
Prices and offers are subject to change. Copyright © 2015-2018 KHAN EXPEDITION - Operated by Mongolian tour operator
Khan Expedition LLC. Allrights reserved. Tour Operator License: ITO 1122/C issued by the
Mongolian Tourism Association & Ministry of Tourism